From Magnolia to Merle Norman to Sweet & Southern
The Sweet & Southern structure was built in 1923 and operated as Magnolia Station. The building was later used as a taxi service before it was acquired by Karyn's grandfather in 1983. A family friend, Joan Cabaniss, was a student at the University of Texas at the time and for a class project in her architectural program designed the built out that enclosed the covering for what is now the northeast side of the building. For many years, Karyn's grandmother, mother, and Aunt operated a Merle Norman store out of the building. Throughout the 90s to the present, Stacy Roznovak has run her nail business out of the building as the one constant through the various tenants that have leased the space from the family. Karyn has continued the family tradition and is proud to be serving the people of Taylor!